In the workplace, mindfulness can be a valuable way to ensure you and your team are productive, energised and efficient. A couple of simple ways to introduce this to your work day could be:
- Taking regular breaks, such as quick walk around the block can help clear your head.
- Closing your email inbox to concentrate on tasks at hand without being disrupted by new messages.
- Conscious concentration aided by apps such as Brain FM.
- Practising active listening.
- Sitting quietly at your desk while your computer turns on in the morning to mentally start yourself into work mode.
- Taking a moment on Sunday evening to review the upcoming week and what the key areas of focus should be.
- Unplugging and setting boundaries to give you time to relax.
- Avoiding eating and drinking on autopilot – pay attention to how you are nourishing your body.