Do you have a clearly defined and consistent presence across multiple online platforms? To be successful in the social media arena, you first need to understand how the space and the community operates.
Think of your sites as a global hub where people who share the same or similar interests and values can meet and exchange thoughts, ideas and information.
By creating a community or hub on social media you can engage with existing or potential customers, answering questions, promoting special offers, commenting on feedback and advertising upcoming events, launches or new products.
You and your brand are the common link that can help facilitate these exchanges.
There is a growing movement where local businesses that are not in direct competition aresupporting each other on social media by cross promoting events, products and anything else that may be of interest, think "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours".
In order to make your brand visible on social media, you need to have someone that is savvy across a variety of platforms.
This expert can be sourced externally, at a significant cost to you, or, you can train someone in-house and invest your money on someone who knows and is loyal to your brand. FC Business Solutions can assist you with social media training to develop an online presence that is a step above your competitor's.Brand presence is key, the aim of the game is fame of the name.
- Marketing spend inside small enterprise and large business has changed and continues to change as rapidly as the new online “offering” is launched.
- Ensure that the message is still an integrated approach which meets the businesses overall objectives in increasing customer engagement.
- Decide who will be the driver and custodian of your online presence. Select someone, train them and ensure they are aligned to your brand’s personality and what you want to publish online.
- Ensure the time dedicated is set daily and weekly depending on your needs. For some businesses it is constant monitoring and posting for others it’s about structured, planned and well executed series of posts and shares.
- It’s the small things, LinkedIn pages of your team members set with a company banner, the company’s website connected on the LinkedIn page, auto replies with a memorable blast and sharing amongst team members to keep the brand live and relevant at any opportunity.
- Have your brand represented consistently across all platforms. This includes using the same colours, graphics, content, themes and branding.
- Quirky, memorable moments, emotive relevance - it’s all interesting and about the story , the buzz a customer gets from you interacting with them on social media; whether it be a 'like', re-tweet, re-post or you commenting on their picture or post, is invaluable in generating your community.