- March 3, 2019
- Posted by: FCBS
- Category: Professional Development
There is no doubt that after a busy day it can take time to leave work mode and enter home mode. For some people, this can be done during their commute – perhaps they can listen to some music or a podcast and wind down. It gives them time to leave the problems of the day at work and focus on their family and loved ones.
For others, this is not always so simple. Problems can weigh on our minds, or perhaps for those who work from home or have a short commute, they may find it harder to leave work in the background to focus on other things.
Here’s a few tips on how to leave work at the door:
- Physical exercise: go for a walk, a run, a bike ride, do a few push ups or sit ups. A quick burst of energy will help clear your mind.
- Take a few deep breaths: before you get home, take a few deep breaths and stop for a moment to focus on putting the day behind you.
- Meditation or mindfulness apps can be a great way to help you shift your focus.
- Being mindful and conscious of avoiding bringing work home. Keep the frustrations of the day out of your home space so you can relax and recharge.