The Melbourne Franchising Expo has just passed and it's time for a debrief. As always it was great to see our industry in the spotlight as we try to promote franchising as the business model of choice.
The Melbourne Expo had a better atmosphere compared to years gone past. With a great mix of new businesses such as Ninja Parc and Cryo Australia, among household names such as Anytime Fitness and Clark Rubber. With an improved layout on previous years, prospective franchisees had a plethora of franchise brands to explore.
Making our way through the stands, talking to people, observing their behaviours we noticed one common theme - the attendees were not quite sure what they were looking for… and unsurprisingly the same questions kept popping up.
- Which franchise should I buy?
- What’s the best franchise for me?
- What franchise is going to make me the most money? McDonald’s, right?
It’s great that prospective franchisees have questions and want to learn about your system – but why aren’t you learning about them? How are you sure that they are a good fit for your brand if you’ve just sold them your standard sales pitch, and not asked them any questions?
So here’s five questions we think YOU should ask your prospective leads from the expo:
- What do you love to do?
- What was your dream when you were growing up?
- Will your family be involved in the business?
- What do you know about the franchise business model?
- Can you see yourself living the daily life as a franchisee in this business?
We’d love to hear your thoughts on the best questions to ask prospective franchisees!