- May 5, 2018
- Posted by: Jessie Caudry!
- Category: Franchise Operations
When did you last stop and do a thorough check of your operational business systems?
Have you ever done one or was it so long ago that you cannot remember? It may seem like an onerous task, but by ensuring that all of your manuals are up to date and that you are following bestpractices and procedures you can maximise productivity and profit.
Without keeping Operations manuals updated to reflect changing processes and procedures, your franchisees are missing out on the most up to date information and current best practices.
If you subscribe to the old adage ‘If it ain’t broke don’t fix it,’ you may want to consider this; by inducting new franchise partners into the business without a current ‘How to?’ operations manual, you leave all parties exposed to failure and you are also not delivering the service level agreement of the franchise system.
FC Business Solutions can take the stress out of operational system reviews by doing one for you.
• Assess the currency of the suite of manuals against legislation and current business practices
• Cross- check against the franchise agreement and other key documents
• Inspect compliance to the Franchising Code of Conduct
• Analyse ease of access for franchisees and their staff
• Address alignment between the manuals and the franchisee induction program and other ongoing training
• How updated information, policies and procedures are being communicated to franchisees
• Format and distribution of the suite of manuals and supporting documents.
After your systems have been reviewed you will receive a detailed recommendations report outlining the advised path to compliance and best practice.
The return on investing in a comprehensive operational system redevelopment will be evident through more improved and aligned franchisee performance.
Covering the purpose, objective and how to? when formatting policies and procedures, and providing printable checklists and forms to ensure compliance and productivity are maximised, information needs to be easily accessible and relevant to day to day operations.
The use of online manuals that can be accessed via a smart phone, tablet, laptop or pc means staff have access to the most current information at all time while allowing for updates to be made as information changes.
If you haven’t conducted an operational systems review in the last 6 or 12 months???
Maybe it’s time that you did.