- June 30, 2015
- Posted by: Jeremy Szelag
- Category: Franchise Operations
Is it time for you to assess, shake-up and redirect your Franchisee Advisory Council (FAC)?
An FAC is formed by a group of franchisees being elected to represent their peers at an executive level.
those that they represent. This may include;
- think tanking strategic projects which streamline processes;
- ways to increase productivity;
- overhauling systems and technology;
- implementation of new product innovation; and
- direction and execution of the marketing activities which will keep the brand at the top of the consumers mind.
for development. Growth in business is attained and maintained by continually looking at ways to improve performance across all areas including FAC’s.
- Is the group’s name reflective of its role?
- Is there a code of conduct for all participants?
- Who chairs the meetings? Are they driving their own agenda? Are they removed from the day to day? Do they bring a macro perspective to the group and the system thinking?
- Have you prepared the members via a formal induction? Do they know why they attend, how they are expected to contribute and how their time is about leaving a legacy which has added value to the brand the franchisees within the franchise community?
- Is the administration supporting effective and productive time spent together? Finally is it worth considering whether the traditional generalist franchise advisory group yesterday’s news?